Family Law Forms Clinic in Hillsborough
What is the Family Forms Clinic?
The Family Forms Clinic is a free program that uses volunteer lawyers to help people who do not have a lawyer complete Hillsborough County’s court-approved family law forms and packets.
The Family Forms Clinic is operated by Hillsborough County volunteer attorneys and the Bay Area Volunteer Lawyers Program.
Who can use the clinic?
You can use the clinic if:
- You have a family law case in Hillsborough County
- You are not represented by a lawyer
When is the clinic?
The days and hours of the Family Forms Clinic change often and depend on the availability of the volunteer lawyers.
Please call 1-813-864-2280, and then press 2, to hear information and the current walk-in hours.
*****Please call on the day you plan to come to the clinic to make sure the clinic is open*****
Where is the clinic?
800 E. Twiggs Street
Tampa, FL 33602
How do I sign up? What should I bring?
No appointments are scheduled. The volunteer lawyers help people during walk-in hours on a first come, first served basis.
- Bring a black pen.
- Bring your packet of Hillsborough County family law forms.
- If you need help with English, please bring someone with you who can translate.
- Please do not bring children to the clinic.
Can the lawyer fill out my forms and give me legal advice?
No, the volunteer lawyers can not:
- Tell you if you are using the right forms
- Tell you what to write
- Represent you in court
- Give you legal advice
- Complete financial affidavits or child support guidelines worksheets
- Help you with forms from another county or state.
Where can I find more information?
You can visit the Legal Information Center at the Edgecomb Courthouse before going to the Family Forms Clinic to make sure you are using the correct packet.
You can get the forms on the 13th Judicial Circuit, Hillsborough County website.
Read about other resouces on the Bay Area Legal Aid Self-Help and Links webpage.
Updated January 31, 2019