Authored By: Florida Legal Services, Inc
They Fought for Our Home. Now Help Us Fight for Theirs
Veterans nationwide are eligible for comprehensive, coordinated access to health care, housing, employment, education, job counseling and training, and justice system assistance and benefits. Homeless Veterans and those at risk of homelessness can gain access to VA services 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans hotline, toll-free, at 1-877-4AID VET (1-877-424-3838).
Who can I call for help?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has founded a National Call Center for Homeless Veterans hotline to ensure that homeless Veterans or Veterans at-risk for homelessness have free, 24/7 access to trained counselors. The hotline is intended to assist homeless Veterans and their families, VA Medical Centers, federal, state and local partners, community agencies, service providers and others in the community. To be connected with a trained VA staff member call 1-877-4AID-VET (877-424-3838).
Why should I call 1-877-4AID-Vet?
- VA has trained counselors ready to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- VA provides information about homeless programs services in your area to help you
- You can call for yourself or a Veteran you know
- All calls are free and confidential
What will happen when I call?
- You will be connected to a trained VA staff member.
- Hotline staff will conduct a brief screen to assess your needs.
- Homeless Veterans will be connected with the Homeless Point of Contact at the nearest VA facility.
- Family members and non-VA providers calling on behalf of a homeless Veteran will be provided with information regarding the homeless programs and services available.
- Contact information will be requested so staff may follow-up.
Updated: May 4, 2017