Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida, Inc.
What Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida does:
The mission of Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida is to improve the lives of low income persons in their community through advocacy, education, representation and empowerment.
Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida provides civil (non-criminal) legal services to financially eligible clients.
Types of issues or cases handled:
- Injunctions for Protection Against Domestic Violence
Senior Citizen Law Project (Age 60 and over)
- Health & Public Benefits
- Housing/Foreclosure Defense
- Domestic Violence & Financial Exploitation
Economic Advocacy and Community Health (EACH)
- SNAP & TANF
- Social Security Disability & SSI
- Reemployment Assistance Benefits
- Medicaid/Medicare/Affordable Care Act
- Veteran Representation (VALOR)
Income and other eligibility information:
You must qualify financially for many programs. Financial eligibility is based upon the income and assets of individuals in your household. In most cases, the income of your household cannot be more than 125% of the federal poverty level.
Legal aid intake workers will help you complete an application and figure out if you are eligible for services.
If you are 60 years old or older, there are no financial eligibility guidelines.
Eligibility for services is based upon other criteria, including whether your legal problem falls within Coast to Coast's priority areas.
How to get help:
- The office is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- If you want to file for divorce or want to file a paternity action, come to the office to fill out an application Monday through Friday before 3 p.m. or call 1-954-358-5644 on Monday, Wednesday or Friday mornings (9 a.m. to 12 p.m.) to complete an application by phone.
- Senior Law Project Intake: 1-954-765-8955
491 N. State Road 7
Plantation, FL 33317
Updated: October 15, 2018