Community Law Program, Inc.
What the Community Law Program does:
The Community Law Program (CLP) provides free legal services to low-income Pinellas County residents. CLP recruits volunteer lawyers to take a wide range of civil legal cases as well as host legal advice clinics.
Types of issues or cases handled:
- Family law
- Advance directives
CLP also has several special projects including:
- Community Counsel Program serving qualified non-profits.
- Self-Help Center which is located at the courthouse in downtown St. Petersburg and open to the public regardless of income
- Guardian Advocacy Progect to help families caring for persons with developmental disabilities; and
- Lawyers for Young Adults to help youth who have aged out of foster care.
Income and other eligibility information:
Community Law Program provides a variety of free legal services for low-income residents. For more information, contact CLP.
How to Get Help:
- To meet with an attorney or sign up for a clinic, call CLP at 1-727-582-7480
- Apply online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on Florida Online Intake
- Legal Aid Hotline: 1-800-625-2257
- Senior Legal Helpline for persons over 60: 1-888-895-7873.
St. Petersburg Office
501 First Ave North, Suite 519
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Updated: October 15, 2018.