Community Law Program, Inc.
What the Community Law Program does:
The Community Law Program (CLP) provides free legal services to low-income residents in southern Pinellas. CLP recruits volunteer lawyers to take a wide range of civil legal cases as well as host legal advice clinics.
Types of issues or cases handled:
- Family law
- Advance directives
CLP also has several special projects including:
- Community Counsel Program serving qualified non-profits.
- Self-Help Center which is located at the courthouse in downtown St. Petersburg and open to the public regardless of income
- Guardian Advocacy Progect to help families caring for persons with developmental disabilities; and
- Lawyers for Young Adults to help youth who have aged out of foster care.
Residents of Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough, Sarasota, and Manatee will be screened by Bay Area Legal Services (BALS) to see if BALS or by one of their regional partners can give legal help.
Community Law Program is a regional partner of BALS for residents of southern Pinellas County.
Income and other eligibility information:
Community Law Program provides a variety of free legal services for low-income residents. For more information, contact CLP.
How to Get Help:
- To meet with an attorney or sign up for a clinic, call CLP at 1-727-582-7480 (Pinellas residents only).
- Apply online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on Florida Online Intake.
- Call the Legal Aid Hotline: 1-800-625-2257.
- Call the Senior Legal Helpline for persons over 60: 1-888-895-7873.
St. Petersburg Office
501 First Ave North, Suite 519
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Updated: December 31, 2018.