American Bar Association Florida Free Legal Answers
Florida Free Legal Answers is an online civil legal service for people who cannot afford to pay for an attorney.
The service is a cooperative effort of The Florida Bar and the American Bar Association.
Types of issues or cases handled:
- Civil legal issues (not criminal)
Topics may include family law matters such as divorce, child support, adoption and name change as well as domestic violence, bankruptcy, consumer issues, education, employment, housing, worker's compensation, wills and estate planning.
- If you live in another state, visit the ABA Free Legal Answers website and select your state.
Income & other eligibility:
The ABA Florida Free Legal Answers may be able to help you if you:
- Have an annual household income below 250 percent of Federal Poverty Guidelines. (For example, an individual annual income of less than $30,350, or less than $62,750 for a family of four).
- Have less than $10,000 in total assets.
- Are at least 18 years old.
- Are not incarcerated.
How to get help:
Visit ABA Florida Free Legal Answers and click on the Get Started button:
- If you qualify for assistance, you will sign up for an account.
- Post your question privately.
- A volunteer attorney will anonymously answer the question through the website.
- You will receive an email alert when your question is answered.
- You can ask followup questions through the website.
None. This is a virtual (online) legal clinic.
Updated October 4, 2018.