Free Legal Answers for Low Income Floridians
Here’s how Florida Free Legal Answers works:
- Go to https://florida.freelegalanswers.org to sign up and answer a few questions to see if you qualify to use the service. You must have an annual household income below 250 percent of federal poverty guidelines; have less than $6,000 in total assets; be at least 18 years old; and not be incarcerated. If you are not eligible, you will not be able to utilize this program and will receive a denial indication.
- After you register, you may ask a specific question about your non-criminal legal issue.
- You will receive an email telling you when your question has received a response.
- Log back in, see the response, and ask more questions if necessary. Attorneys can submit a single response or have a dialogue with the user through the site. Please note: The volunteer lawyers at Florida Free Legal Answers can't call you or represent you in court.
- The information users provide is confidential, and the answers are not associated with the client’s name. Data will be collected only for data-sharing purposes. Attorneys will see only the information associated with a client’s legal issue.
- Users will not know the name of the attorneys who answer their questions unless the attorneys choose to provide it, a client makes a specific request for the name of the attorney or it is required by a court of law. Volunteer attorneys will not write letters, make phone calls or file documents, or attend court proceedings.