Site FAQs

What is is your source for free and reliable information about:

  • Florida laws
  • Going to court
  • Legal forms
  • Free and low-cost legal service programs in Florida is managed by the Florida Justice Technology Center, a non-profit organization established to increase access to justice through the innovative use of technology.  Read more about us.

Who can use

Anyone! helps people living in Florida learn about legal issues and solve their legal problems. 

What should I do if I want a lawyer to help me?

If you live in Florida:

If you do not live in Florida, you can look for free or low-cost lawyers here.

Please do not email legal questions, documents or information about your problem. does not provide legal services and cannot answer legal questions. We will not email or call you back about your legal question.

Does it cost anything to use the website? is free.  You will never be charged for using any resources on this website.  

However, you may have to pay to file documents in court.  If you can't afford to pay the court filing fees, you can fill out an application for indigency to see if the court will waive the fees.

Who created the legal resources on this website (articles, forms, etc.)?

The resources on this website are created by legal services attorneys throughout Florida as well as Florida Justice Technology Center staff.

How often are the legal resources updated?

The resources are updated on a rolling basis because laws often change.  We do our best to keep the information on this site up-to-date and reliable. 

An entire review of resources is typically done annually to make sure resources are current. 

Can I print articles from this site?

You can print any articles from this site using the print menu on the right side of the screen. 

Can I save save articles from this site?

You can save articles by downloading them as a PDF, printing the article, or emailing the article to yourself.  Use the menu on the right side of the screen. 

Can I email myself or someone else an article from this site?

You can email a copy of an article to yourself or someone else using the email button on the right side of the screen. 

Can I share content from this site on my social media accounts?

You can share an article or resource on this site using the Twitter and Facebook buttons on the right side of the screen. 

What does it mean to be self-represented or pro se?

If you are "pro se" or self-represented it means you are creating your court documents or going to court without a lawyer.

What should I do if I have a problem with the site?

If a link is broken, information is wrong, or you have a suggestion, please send an email to

Can I view the content in other languages?

If information is available in a language other than English, there will be links on the page to the translated materials. 

Can I add topic links to my webpage? 

Yes, review our instructions and follow the steps in the attached PDF to add topic links to your page. 

Table of Contents