Public Defenders: Criminal & Juvenile Delinquency Cases

Appointing a Lawyer in Criminal & Juvenile Delinquency Cases

A judge can appoint the Public Defender to represent an adult or child who has been charged with a crime and can't pay for an attorney.   

A person who wants to be represented by a public defender must fill out an application and pay a fee. 

When a child is involved in a delinquency case, the child's parent or guardian must fill out the application.

Public Defender Offices by Circuit

There are 20 Public Defenders offices across Florida.  Each office covers specific counties.

For more information about each office, click on the links for each circuit below:

Updated:  January 15, 2019.

Table of Contents