Find Legal Help in Seminole
Legal aid organizations offer free or low cost legal help to people who cannot afford to hire a lawyer. Legal aid organizations do not handle criminal, traffic or personal injury cases. You may have to meet income requirements and fill out an application.
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida
315 Magnolia Avenue
Sanford, FL 32771-1915
Seminole County Bar Association Legal Aid Society, Inc.
101 West Palmetto Avenue
Longwood, Florida 32750
Lawyer Referral Service
The Florida Bar or local bar associations can refer you to local lawyers who handle your legal problem. The referrals are free, but you will have to discuss the cost of the case with the lawyer. Some programs offer a time-limited consultation for a flat fee.
The Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service
The Florida Bar
651 E. Jefferson Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2300
If you have been charged with a crime and can't afford a lawyer, a judge can appoint a lawyer to represent you. You must meet income requirements, fill out an application and pay a fee.
Office of the Public Defender
Sanford – Main Office
101 Eslinger Way
Sanford, FL 32773
Sanford – Juvenile Office
190 Eslinger Way
Sanford, FL 32773
Other Legal Resources
- Florida Free Legal Answers is an online civil legal service for people who cannot afford to pay for an attorney.
- The service is a cooperative effort of The Florida Bar and the American Bar Association.
- Immi helps immigrants in the U.S. understand their legal options.
- The online screening tool, legal information, and referrals to nonprofit legal services organizations are free.
- Immi was created by the Immigration Advocates Network and Pro Bono Net, two nonprofit organizations dedicated to increasing access to justice for low-income immigrants.
- Stateside Legal was created to strengthen recognition and enforcement of veterans’ and service members’ legal rights and protections.
- It is designed to help establish justice for those who have served in the armed forces.
Find your County or Circuit Court.
Updated March 25, 2019.