Jacksonville Area Legal Aid, Inc.
What Jacksonville Area Legal Aid does:
Types of issues or cases handled:
- Community development
- Family law
- Elder law
- Employment and unemployment
- Fair housing
- Housing & eviction
- Public benefits
- Mental health
JALA also provides a variety of legal services for those persons living with HIV or AIDS.
- St. Johns
Income & other eligibility:
JALA will consider representation of clients who are at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
However many of JALA's programs are not income sensitive including:
- Fair housing
- Ryan White (HIV/AIDS)
- Title III - helping senior citizens who are age 60 and older.
How to get help:
Apply online by:
- Clicking on Submit Request for Assistance and completing the form
- Scrolling down the page for the Family Law Legal Assistance at Reduced Expense (FLARE) program's online application.
By telephone at:
- 1-904-356-8371 or toll free 1-866-356-8371 (Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Columbia, Dixie, Duval, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Lafayette, Levy, Madison, Nassau, Suwannee, Taylor & Union)
- 1-904-284-8410 Ext. 3006 or toll free 1-866-284-8410 Ext. 3006 (Clay County)
- 1-904-827-9921 or toll free 1-877-827-9921 (St. Johns County)
- 1-904-356-8371 Ext. 334 (Refugee Immigration Project)
- Refugee Immigration Project, JALA, 126 W. Adams St., 2nd floor, Jacksonville, FL 32202, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Downtown Jacksonville Office (serving Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Columbia, Dixie, Duval, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Lafayette, Levy, Madison, Nassau, Suwannee, Taylor, & Union Counties)
126 W. Adams St.
Jacksonville, FL 32202
St. Johns County Legal Aid (a branch office of JALA serving St. Johns County)
222 San Marco Avenue
St. Augustine, FL 32084
Toll Free: 1-877-827-9921
Clay County Legal Aid (a branch office of JALA serving Clay County)
Clay County Courthouse
825 N. Orange Avenue, Rm 308
Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
Toll Free: 1-866-284-8410
Updated: September 10, 2018